NextUP/Guardian Scholars (Foster Youth Services)
NextUP/Guardian Scholars Program is an academic support service committed to advocacy, providing personal growth and economic opportunity for its diverse foster youth student population through education. NextUP is dedicated to student academic success, personal attention, and empowering participating student's to be successful in their educational endeavors.
Apply to NextUP/Guardian Scholars Program by filling out an application in the Library building, room L 125C.
Please note: Counselors for NextUp/Guardian Scholars programs are only available to serve students who are active in these programs. Students not in these programs will be redirected to the General Counseling link or phone number, so that the appropriate appointment can be made.
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on department events and announcements.
NextUP benefits include:
- Academic, career, and personal guidance counseling
- Help from a financial aid specialist
- Private tutoring
- Strategies for success workshops
- Book service assistance
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a current or former foster youth aged 26 or younger.
- Have spent at least one day in foster care, with verification included. If you were placed in Sacramento County, then you can get your verification information by calling (877) 846-1602.
- Be enrolled in at least six units at CRC unless receiving services from CRC's Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS). DSPS is a program that provides equal educational opportunity for students with physical, psychological, or learning disabilities.
3rd Contact Form
We need to know your status at the end of each semester. Please fill out the 3rd Contact Form online beginning April 13, 2020.
April 13 to 18, 2020: Window to complete and return the form
Final Due Date: 4:00 pm on April 18, 2020
Check out our Student Success Brochure (PDF) highlighting the experiences of former foster youth students at CRC.
Monday to Thursday:
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
8:30am to 4:30 pm
Library Building L-125C
First floor inside the Student Access Center