Child Development Center Application Information
Applications are available to pick up in the Child Development Center during office hours. We are located on the CRC campus across from the parking structure. There are four, 20-minute visitor parking spaces for your convenience to use while you pick up an application packet.
Please note, office hours are limited during the summer, and there are no child care services offered over summer break.
Additional Required Documentation
1. Income and Schedule Documentation
- Copy of most recent monthly statement of family income received (for example: Cash Aid, CalWorks/CalFresh, SSI, DSI, unemployment, child support, financial aid disbursement letter etc.)
- For parents that are currently enrolled as students: (Provide for both parents if both are students.)
- Current semester college course schedule printout
- Completed College and/or Work Schedule (PDF) form
- For parents that are currently employed: (Provide for both parents if both are working.)
- Employment Verification (PDF) form or self-employment documentation
- Copies of 3 most recent monthly pay stubs or self-employment documentation
2. Verification of Family Size
- Copies of birth certificates for all children under the age of 18 in the home. If you are unable to obtain birth certificates for all children contact the Child Development Center for other acceptable documents.
- If you are a single parent, copy of divorce/separation records, child support order, lease/rental agreement, copy of CALWin printout listing family size and eligible individuals, and utility bill (SMUD, PGE, Water/Garbage)
3. Child Medical Information
- Medical Allergy Statement (PDF) signed by child's doctor if your child requires meal accommodations.
- For preschool children only:
- Physician’s Report (PDF) signed by child’s doctor within the past year, including TB screening
- Copy of front & back of child’s immunization card (all required immunizations must be up to date)
Make copies of all documents before bringing them in. We are not able to make copies for you.
Your application will be accepted when you have ALL of the required documentation. Applications are then ranked based on family size and income. The lowest income families receive the highest ranking. CRC students are given priority over other students and working families. Higher income families may be accepted if space allows.
Once we have your complete application, allow two weeks for processing to find out if we will have a space for your child. Once you have been accepted you will be required to come in to complete additional paperwork before your child is enrolled.
Child Development Center Supervisor
Fall and Spring Semesters
Child Care Hours, Monday to Friday:
7:15 am to 5:00 pm
Office Hours, Monday to Friday:
9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Childcare Development Center, CDC-126
- Business Services
- Career and Transfer Center
- Child Development Center
- Computer Labs
- Dream Center
- EOPS and CARE
- First Year Experience (FYE)
- Fresh Success/CalFresh
- Homeless Youth Success
- Native American Higher Ed
- NextUp/Foster Youth Services
- Peer Mentoring
- Puente Project
- Safe Spaces
- Student Access Center
- Umoja Diop Scholars
- Upward Bound
- Veterans Resource Center
- WEAVE Confidential Advocate