Careers and Academic Communities (CAC) are a collection of degree or certificate programs that lead to related occupations, courses, or have similar learning objectives. These “communities” may be called different things at different colleges (i.e., “Area of Interest” at ARC, “Meta-Majors” at FLC). The CAC are designed to help you find a program of study that aligns with your educational and career goals.
The goals of CAC are:
- To assist you in determining a particular major by exploring the related programs in an interest area (CAC).
- To learn about the career options for a particular major and thereby help you select a major/program.
- To provide you the structured support services specific to a CAC.
- To allow for career exploration within a CAC.
- To minimize unnecessary units if you are undeclared (“undecided”) but have an expressed interest or skill.
- To connect you to a community at CRC.
- To help you navigate the college, CRC website and catalog in a more meaningful way.
- To orient you to the programs we offer that may be within the same interest area.
Not ready to pick a major? Explore Career and Academic Communities to help you decide!
Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
The Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources Career and Academic Community (CAC) includes programs dedicated to Agriculture, Culinary Arts, Horticulture, and Veterinary Technology.
Arts, Media and Entertainment
The Arts, Media and Entertainment Career Academic Community (CAC) offers programs in Art, Digital Media, Journalism, Music, Photography, Radio Production, Theatre Arts, and more.
Automotive, Construction and Design Technology
The Automotive, Construction and Design Technology Career Academic Community (CAC) offers programs in Architecture, Construction, Automotive Mechanics Technology, and Welding. This CAC also offers the Ford ASSET program as part of our automotive mechanics technology program.
Business and Computer Science
The Business and Computer Science Career Academic Community (CAC) offers programs in Accounting, Advertising/Public Relations, Entrepreneurship, Information Technology (IT), Cybersecurity, and more.
English and Language Studies
The English and Language Studies Career Academic Community (CAC) offers programs in Deaf Studies, English, and Spanish, as well as courses in English as a Second Language (ESL), Hmong, and Vietnamese.
Health and Human Services
The Health and Human Services Career Academic Community (CAC) offers programs in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Emergency Medical Services (EMT), Fire Technology, Nutrition, Kinesiology, Pharmacy Technology, and more.
Science, Math and Engineering
The Science, Math and Engineering Career Academic Community (CAC) offers programs in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Geology, Mathematics, and Physics.
Social and Behavioral Sciences
The Social and Behavioral Career Academic Community (CAC) offers programs in Anthropology, Communications Studies, Early Childhood Education, Education and Teaching, History, Humanities, Psychology, Social Science, Sociology, and more.