The CRC campus community is committed to creating a safe, open, and bias-free learning and working environment for everyone. The Safe Spaces Program is one way we are achieving this goal.
Cosumnes River College is an inclusive campus where students and staff respect the views of others. We strive to keep our campus community free of bias, discrimination, and intolerance. Safe Spaces on campus are where anyone who feels threatened or otherwise unsafe can seek assistance and support regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religious affiliation, citizenship or immigration status, veteran's status, or political views.
The Safe Spaces program works in conjunction with our police services, administration, and counseling center as an additional resource for individuals to discuss, and act upon, situations of intolerance and bias. Safe Spaces on campus are located in academic division/area offices, the Counseling Center, and individual staff and faculty offices displaying the Safe Spaces sticker.
Find Your Safe Space
Bookstore - Maria Hyde
LRC 103 - Anthropology Lab
- To promote a positive learning environment free of bias, discrimination, and intolerance by my own words and actions
- To act upon instances of bias, discrimination, or intolerance I have witnessed or experienced
- To recognize the free speech rights of others, even if they are offensive to me
- To engage in civil and informed dialogue with those who may have views different from my own
- To educate myself and others on the struggles and injustices afflicting various groups as a way to create empathy and understanding
- To support the CRC Safe Spaces Program by attending campus events and taking this pledge
These resources are meant to assist in educating our campus community about the relevant issues and current events influencing our concept of safe spaces on campus and to encourage dialog about how this concept is applied to CRC. The links listed below are a representation of current issues and topics as they relate to safe spaces and do not necessarily reflect the views of the CRC community.
A list of resources on safe spaces:
- Business Services
- Career and Transfer Center
- Child Development Center
- Computer Labs
- Dream Center
- EOPS and CARE
- First Year Experience (FYE)
- Fresh Success/CalFresh
- Homeless Youth Success
- Native American Higher Ed
- NextUp/Foster Youth Services
- Peer Mentoring
- Puente Project
- Safe Spaces
- Student Access Center
- Umoja Diop Scholars
- Upward Bound
- Veterans Resource Center
- WEAVE Confidential Advocate