Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the EOPS program:
- Be a California resident (have lived in the state one year and one day before school starts)
- Be registered for 12 units (some students with exceptional conditions may be accepted at a reduced load)
- Qualify to receive the California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver, A or B)
- Have not completed more than 30 degree-applicable college units from any college or universities that you have attended or six consecutive semester in the EOPS program.
NOTE: If you are admitted to the program you will remain eligible until you complete 70 degree-applicable units, at which point you will be removed from the EOPS program.
- Submit an application to the EOPS program
- Be educationally disadvantaged as determined by the EOPS program