Home Student Resources Support Services EOPS and CARE Apply to EOPS
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the EOPS program:
- Be registered for 12 units (some students with exceptional conditions may be accepted at a reduced load)
- Qualify to receive the California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver, A or B)
- Undocumented students who are eligible for AB540 and the California College Promise Grant may apply for EOPS. To apply for the California College Promise Grant, fill out the California DREAM Act application. Please note: CA College Promise Grant does NOT have a March 2nd deadline; students may continue to apply throughout the academic year.
- Undocumented Students who need assistance in completing the AB540 form or who need more information can make an appointment with the CRC Dream Center.
- Have not completed more than 69 degree-applicable college units from any college or universities that you have attended.
- Submit an application to the EOPS program
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student
- Guided self placement/assessment results in below college level English/math or placement in ESL Classes
- Have a high school GPA below 2.5
- Did not graduate high school or pass the high school proficiency exam (GED)
EOPS Application Workshops are available for students who need help applying to EOPS. Please register in advance. Staff will be facilitating the workshops to help walk you through applying to the program. Note that workshops are either in-person or on Zoom.
The EOPS Application for Spring 2023 is currently closed. We will release application assistance workshop dates for the Fall 2023 EOPS Application soon.
Once you have been approved to be in EOPS you must complete the following responsibilities to continue in the program and receive services:
- Complete the 1st Contact: Meet with an EOPS Counselor
- Students must complete their 1st Contact by meeting with an EOPS counselor via telephone, zoom, or in-person appointment.
- Complete the 2nd Contact: Meet with an EOPS Counselor
- Students must complete their 2nd Contact by meeting with an EOPS counselor via telephone, zoom, or in-person appointment.
- Complete the 3rd Contact - Online Form
- Students must complete their 3rd Contact through the 3rd Contact Online Form. You'll be required to inform our program of what classes you plan to enroll in for the upcoming semester. Dates for in-person assistance to complete the 3rd Contact Online Form will be available for those who need help completing the online form.
EOPS Application Form
The EOPS application will appear here on Monday, November 7, 2022 and will close at 4:00 pm on Wednesday, February 8, 2023.