Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the EOPS program:
- Be registered for 12 units (some students with exceptional conditions may be accepted at a reduced load)
- Qualify to receive the California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver, A or B)
- Undocumented students who are eligible for AB540 and the California College Promise Grant may apply for EOPS. To apply for the California College Promise Grant, fill out the California DREAM Act application. Please note: CA College Promise Grant does NOT have a March 2nd deadline; students may continue to apply throughout the academic year.
- Undocumented Students who need assistance in completing the AB540 form or who need more information can make an appointment with the CRC Dream Center.
- Have earned less than 70 degree-applicable college units from any college or universities that you have attended
- Submit an application to the EOPS program
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student
- Have a high school GPA below 2.5
- Did not graduate high school or pass the high school proficiency exam (GED)
We are no longer providing application workshops at this time.
Once you have been approved to be in EOPS you must complete the following responsibilities to continue in the program and receive services:
- Complete the 1st Contact: Meet with an EOPS Counselor
- Students must complete their 1st Contact by meeting with an EOPS counselor via telephone, zoom, or in-person appointment.
- Complete the 2nd Contact: Meet with an EOPS Counselor
- Students must complete their 2nd Contact by meeting with an EOPS counselor via telephone, zoom, or in-person appointment.
- Complete the 3rd Contact - Online Form
- Students must complete their 3rd Contact through the 3rd Contact Online Form. You'll be required to inform our program of what classes you plan to enroll in for the upcoming semester. Dates for in-person assistance to complete the 3rd Contact Online Form will be available for those who need help completing the online form.
EOPS Application Form
The EOPS application for Fall 2023 is currently open and will be closed on Monday, September 18, 2023 at 4:00 pm. Please apply below.
If you are interested in applying in Spring of 2024 and would like a reminder when we open the application in Spring of 2024, please submit an interest form.