Our Promise to Students
At Cosumnes River College, we believe in you and your goals, and we want to see you achieve them – that's why we're making the Los Rios Promise. Promise programs offer first-time, full-time students up to two years of tuition-free education at any Los Rios college.
The Los Rios Promise covers tuition for 12 to 18 units but does not cover the cost of books or other fees. Learn about other types of financial aid that can help cover your expenses.
Deadline for Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion
Eligible students must enroll in classes and submit the FAFSA/CADAA by the following deadlines to receive Los Rios Promise funds:
- Summer 2019: June 3, 2019
- Fall 2019: August 14, 2019
- Spring 2020: January 9, 2020
To be eligible for the Los Rios Promise, you must:
- Be a California resident
- Be a first-time college student*
- Enroll in and maintain at least 12 units for fall and spring semesters by the deadline
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) by the deadline
* Courses taken during high school (through dual enrollment or advanced education) are considered "pre-college" and do not prevent you from taking advantage of the Los Rios Promise. Students who transfer from a college other than a Los Rios college are not eligible for the Los Rios Promise.
Los Rios Promise Funds for Summer Tuition Fees
To use Los Rios Promise funds to pay for your summer tuition fees, you must do both of the following by the Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion deadline:
- Enroll in any number of units for the summer term
- Enroll in at least 12 units for the fall semester
Eligibility for a Second Year
To apply for the Los Rios Promise Program for a second year, you must have been enrolled in at least 24 units by the Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion deadline for the previous year.
Apply to Cosumnes River College through CCC Apply before the Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion deadline.
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA)* by the Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion deadline. See all financial aid deadlines.
* If you are not a US citizen or permanent US resident, then you should fill out the CADAA instead of the FAFSA.
- California Dream Act
- Types of Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Deadlines
- Financial Aid Policies
- Financial Aid Forms
- Scams and Fraudulent Behavior
- Financial Aid Resources
- Send Us Comments or Questions