Cash for College Webinars
Do you need Cash for College? Join a Statewide Cash for College Webinar! Learn about the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) and California Dream Act Application (CADAA) application and get your questions answered. Several January and February registration dates are available.
Get the Financial Help You Need
Money shouldn't get in the way of getting a college education. The Financial Aid Office is here to help you get the financial support you need to afford college.
We will answer your financial aid questions by phone as well as help you fill out your FAFSA. We can look up your information as long as your provide as your Student ID and Verification Pin.
Cosumnes River College's federal school code is 007536.
Types of Financial Aid
- Promise programs offer first-time, full-time students up to two years of tuition-free education at our colleges.
- Grants come from the federal or state government. Typically, you do not have to pay grants back – they are essentially free money.
- A direct loan is money you borrow that you have to pay back with interest.
- A scholarship is money given to you by a college or outside organization to help pay for your education or related expenses.
- The federal work-study (FWS) program provides jobs to students to help them pay for their educational expenses.
- The Los Rios Student Emergency Fund provides immediate financial assistance (usually within 24 hours) to students involved in catastrophic or unexpected emergency situations. A student may receive a maximum of one student emergency grant of up to $500 during all combined enrollments at the Los Rios colleges. Awards are contingent upon the availability of limited funds, provided through generous donations.
Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
Did you know you can lose your financial aid if you don't meet certain requirements? Make sure you maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) to keep your financial aid.
Monday to Thursday:
8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Friday, Jan. 22 and 29:
8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Library Building, L-107 (1st Floor)
Student Access Center, L-125 (Fridays only)
Elk Grove Center
10051 Big Horn Blvd.
Elk Grove, CA 95757