New Student Virtual Orientation
CRC New Student Virtual Orientations are held completely online!
Summer 2021 Orientation sign-ups are now open. CRC New Student Virtual Orientations are for new, first-time students. During this virtual orientation session you will receive:
- Your Education Plan (1st semester plan)
- Guidance with registration
- Information about financial aid
- Special Program information
Duration: 90 minutes
Fall 2021 Orientation sign-ups will begin April 1.
What You Will Need
These orientations are held on Zoom, in order to attend you will need:
- Access to a laptop/desktop computer (the best way, but optional) or phone
Must Already Have Done
Prior to attending a New Student Virtual Orientation, you must have:
- Completed your CRC Application. If you have not completed your Cosumnes River College application, please view the application resources available on the Outreach Application Tips and Resources webpage or attend a workshop.
- Received your student ID number (see Student ID Lookup)
- Created a Los Rios Password (see Password Management)
How to Sign up for a New Student Virtual Orientation
Summer 2021 orientation only.
Career and Academic Communities (CAC) Major Selection Form
Not Your First Time in College?
If you’re coming from another college, currently enrolled at another college or have units from another college, and you are interested in pursuing a degree at CRC your transcripts may need to be evaluated. Please see Get Started and Apply for information.
- To get help with selecting courses, please make an appointment with a counselor.
- For transcript submission information, see Submit Transcripts and Test Scores.
Current or Returning Cosumnes River College Students
Using your transcripts to meet a prerequisite requirement?
Visit Placement for information.
Students who want to enroll in only ESL courses are not required to attend the New Student Orientation. Visit the ESL Placement page for more information.
Questions about Orientation?
Contact the CRC Outreach Department at email@example.com.
Do I need an account to use Zoom for orientation?
No! A Zoom account is not required if you are strictly joining Zoom Meetings as a participant. If someone invites you to their meeting, you can join as a participant without creating an account.
How do I sign-up for Zoom?
You can sign up for a free Zoom account at zoom.us/signup.
How much does Zoom cost?
A basic Zoom license is free.