First-time college students who haven’t attended an orientation must sign up for a New Student Orientation Session.
How Do You Want to Meet?
Video or phone appointments can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance. Appointments fill up quickly, so plan ahead. A handful of same-day appointments may be available each day for urgent matters.
Days and Times
- Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday appointments will be available on April 30, May 7, and May 14
Zoom Video Appointment Requirements
- A desktop or laptop computer works best. Smart phones and tablets may work, but are limited in what they can do.
- A working webcam.
- A working microphone.
- Web browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari (desktop or iOS) required, or a smartphone with the Zoom app downloaded.
Note: Regular in-person appointments will resume beginning the week of May 9, 2022.
In-person counseling will be by appointment only. Walk-ins will not be served.
The Counseling Center provides prospective and current students with comprehensive academic, career, personal, and crisis counseling necessary to successfully reach their goals. The Counseling Center offers services to students who have a Cosumnes River College student ID number.
Days and Times
- Monday and Tuesday: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Wednesday and Thursday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time
- Check in at the Counseling front desk on the first floor of the College Center
- Know your CRC student ID number
Los Rios Covid 19 protocols
Mask Policy: Indoors
Masks are required for all students, faculty, and staff in any indoor space in Los Rios regardless of vaccination status per Los Rios's Health and Safety requirements.
Mask Policy: Outdoors
Masks are not required for outdoor activities. However, masks are always permissible and anyone who feels safer or more comfortable wearing a face-covering outdoors is encouraged to do so.
For the safety of our students and employees, please do not come to campus if you are feeling ill. For a list of symptoms please see COVID-19 Updates/Self-Check for Symptoms.
If you are displaying symptoms, and have an on-campus appointment, you will be given the option to participate in your appointment remotely, or to reschedule.
Counselors are currently seeing students primarily by appointments; however, we try to have at least one counselor available for drop-ins every day.
The drop-in counselor will meet with students on a first-come, first-served basis by video or phone. Drop-in availability and wait times will depend on the counselors' schedules. Drop-ins are always subject to change.
Note: some situations cannot be done on a drop-in basis and require an appointment:
- New students needing to make an educational plan
- Veterans looking to make a VA planner or ask about benefits