Upcoming Student Success Events
from 3:00 to 4:00 pm
from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
As success coaches, we are here to support your success at Cosumnes River College. We can provide you with resources to support you in your educational goals. One of our main goals is to assist you in successfully enrolling and completing your classes throughout your first year at CRC. We are committed to serving a diverse student population, promoting equity in all of our practices. We are here for you!
Primarily, we support first year students.
- Connect to support services
- Answer questions you may have about CRC
- Remind you of important dates and deadlines
- Enroll in classes
- Navigate online platforms like Canvas and eServices
- Make an appointment with a Counselor
- Highlight important events
- Promote opportunities tailored to your major/career
- Assist in removing barriers you may face in your academic journey
What are milestones and why are they important?
Milestones are important goals you should complete in your first year to take you one step closer to reaching your education goals. There are four milestones you should complete within your first year.
- Get a Comprehensive Education Plan - Did you know having an education plan can increase your success?
Meet with a Counselor
- Renew your Financial Aid Application - Did you know most community college students receive some form of financial aid?
- Take Math and English - Did you know taking Math and English your first year can help you reach your educational goals faster and increases your chances for graduation/transfer?
- Plan for 15 - Did you know taking 15+ units each semester increases your chances of completing coursework within two years and could qualify you for additional financial aid?
Connect With Us!
Science, Math and Engineering Majors (SME)
Bio: I was born and raised in Sacramento and am fourth generation Japanese American. I attended UC Berkeley for undergrad and UCLA for my M.Ed. I enjoy helping students navigate their first year at CRC and being involved with the API community on campus. I also enjoy travelling and exploring new places.
Arts, Media, and Entertainment (AME), Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS), General Education/Undecided
Phone: (916) 691-7413
Meetings available beginning July 12, 2022.
Bio: Greetings Scholars - my name is Denize Figueroa. I’m a Bay Area native, and have lived in Sacramento for 12 years. I’m a CRC alum, transferring to CSU Fullerton to earn my bachelor’s in Sociology, and have been working here since 2014. As a first-gen student I understand how the transition into higher education can be difficult, confusing, and at times overwhelming—which is why being in this role is a personal commitment to student success. It’s important for me to be able to aid students into a smooth transition, helping students identify their strengths, challenges, connecting them to our campus and resources, and reminding them they are welcomed and they belong here! I love being able to watch students develop the skills and confidence needed to be successful. Most importantly, I’m here to be your advocate, cheerleader, and your biggest supporter. I look forward to meeting you and working together to achieve your goals!
Business and Computer Science Majors (BCS)
Bio: Hello! I am Ka Lee and I was born and raised in South Sacramento. I’ve been with Los Rios supporting students since 2015. As a teen parent, Hmong American, first generation student, I struggled with my academics; therefore, I made it my purpose to give back and help students be successful during their academic journey at CRC. I am a CRC alumni and am currently pursuing my Bachelor’s in Sociology at Sacramento State University. I look forward to meeting you all and guiding you through this part of your journey!
Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources Majors (AFNR)
Automotive, Construction, and Design Technology Majors (ACDT)
English and Language Studies Majors (ELS)
Health and Human Services Majors (HHS)
Bio: Greetings! I am Choua (Choo-ah) and I’ve been working with CRC students since 2019. I’m excited to connect students with support services and help them reach their educational goals. I am a first-generation high school and college graduate, meaning I am one of the first persons in my family to earn a high school diploma and college degree. I earned a B.S. degree from UC Davis.
Have More Questions? Contact Us!