The CRC Hawk CARES Program offers utility assistance to provide payments towards energy (gas and electric), water, and wastewater (sewer) bills.
- Student must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units at CRC, and
- Student must be in good standing (if not, must have a valid reason as to their status and have a documented plan to get back in good standing), and
- Assistance is capped at $250 per academic year.
- Student must submit proof of outstanding utility bill and/or shut off notice from the utility company. The bill must be in the students name; no exceptions.
- The utility check would be made payable to the student and proof of payment to the utility must be submitted to CRC’s Hawk CARES Student Support Specialist. Failure to do so could disqualify student from receiving future utility assistance.
- Consider enrolling in Money Matters, a program designed to help students develop a healthy financial lifestyle by learning and applying some of the key foundational concepts of financial literacy and well-being.
If you are seeking utility assistance and meet eligibility and agree to the requirements, submit a Resource Request Form to apply. You will be contacted by the Hawk CARES Student Support Specialist to discuss your application. Decisions will be made within 48 hours of application interview. Checks will be available for pick-up weekly.