Previously known as the “The Hawk Swap,” The Hawk Closet was inspired by a similar program that was active at Humboldt State after noticing there was nothing similar on our campus to give students access to free clothing. The goal of The Hawk Closet is to provide suits and professional clothing to CRC students to prepare them to enter the workforce. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of three units at CRC to access the Hawk Closet.
How It Works
- Sign up for our services (first time)
- Check in at the front desk before entering
- No more than two students at a time
- Only the student can enter the Clothes Closet
- Students are allowed one outfit per month
- No returns or exchanges
- No try-ons
- Check out at the front desk
The Hawk Closet is accepting new and gently used* clothing. Donations may be dropped off at the Hawk CARES Center (P48) Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
We are accepting the following in all sizes:
- Professional clothing: shirts, slacks, jackets, skirts, dresses, ties
- Casual clothing: sweat pants, yoga pants, t-shirts
- Socks: Professional and casual (new, in package only)
- Undergarments: new, in package only
- Gloves (small, medium and large)
- Chest binders
- Jackets: light weight, winter, sweatshirts, hoodies
If you would like to support the Hawk Closet with a credit card donation, use the Hawk CARES Donation Form. In the comments box toward the bottom of the form enter "Hawk Closet."
The Hawk Closet will also accept gift cards for clothing (Macys, Ross, Men's Warehouse, TJ Maxx, etc.).
Thank you for supporting CRC's students!
*Must be dry cleaned before donating.