Many students experience homelessness or unsafe housing conditions. To meet this need we offer Housing Assistance including a potential Emergency Hotel Program and additional support to help students secure long-term housing.
If you are currently enrolled at one of the Los Rios Colleges and are experiencing a housing emergency, complete this form. Please note: To qualify for the Emergency Hotel Program you must be physically located in Los Rios' service area. We can only place students at locations we are contracted with in the greater Sacramento area. Emergency Hotel stays are limited from one (1) to 14 days based on the student’s unique circumstances, availability of rooms, and available funding.
Enrolled unit requirement during the Summer semester may be reduced on a case by case basis.
Eligibility and Requirements
- CRC is the home campus (home campus is defined as the campus where you receive your financial aid)
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of six units
- Must have completed at least one semester in the Los Rios Community College District within the immediate past two semesters
- Must not have received the service from another campus
- Agree to meet with the Hawk CARES Student Support Specialist before being placed in the hotel
If you are seeking an Emergency Hotel stay, meet eligibility, and agree to the requirements, submit the online Housing Resources Request on this page. You will be contacted by the Hawk CARES Student Support Specialist to discuss your application and schedule a meeting.
Housing Resources Request