Official Transcripts and Test Scores
Cosumnes River College requires official transcripts and test scores from colleges and universities outside of Los Rios if you are pursuing a degree or certificate, plan to apply for financial aid, or receive veterans educational benefits.
Submit by Mail
Mail official transcripts and test scores to:
Cosumnes River College
8401 Center Parkway
Sacramento, CA 95823
Submit by Email
Official transcripts can be sent electronically to email@example.com, but they must come directly from the college or university.
Contact Admissions and Records at (916) 691-7411 if you have questions.
Transfer Credit Acceptance
We accept coursework from colleges and universities that are accredited by the following regional bodies:
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC)
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
- WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
We do not accept coursework that is remedial or post-baccalaureate in nature. Transfer credit may not be reflected on your records, but it is kept on file for use in completion of degrees or certificates.
Foreign Transcript Evaluation
Students who want to use coursework from a foreign college or university need to have their transcript(s) evaluated. We do not give credit for coursework that is from high school, remedial, or post-baccalaureate in nature.
We accept transcript evaluations from companies that are current members of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE). When you get your transcript evaluated, make sure you ask for:
- A breakdown of coursework into general education academic areas
- Whether unit values are in semester or quarter units
- What coursework is lower division, upper division, or graduate level
Unofficial Transcripts and Test Scores
Unofficial transcripts and test scores can be used for educational planning with a counselor and to meet course prerequisites. If submitting unofficial transcripts to meet prerequisites, please check the pre-approved courses lists on the Placement page.
- You must submit transcripts along with the appropriate form. Please do not submit unofficial transcripts without the appropriate form.
- You may email the Admissions and Records office to request the form if your course is on the pre-approved list: firstname.lastname@example.org.