The Dream Center is a one-stop shop in a safe, caring place for UndocuScholars and students of mix-status families at Cosumnes River College.
Dream Center staff are here to create a welcoming experience while students navigate matters related to AB540 admission and the California Dream Act Application, the California College Promise Grant (formerly Board of Governors or BOG Fee Waiver), CRC matriculation, DACA, referrals to Assessment, Counseling, and much more.
We stand with all our students and want to see each of you succeed!
Know Your Rights
Red Cards were created to help people assert their rights and defend themselves against constitutional violations. Red Cards are available at the Counseling office, Student Life & Leadership Center, and at the Vice President of Student Services office.
All people in the United States, regardless of immigration status, have certain rights and protections under the U.S. Constitution. Knowing and asserting rights can make a huge difference in many situations, such as when ICE agents try to enter an individuals home. Red cards provide critical information on how to assert these rights, along with an explanation to ICE agents that the individual is indeed asserting their rights.
- Carry a know-your-rights card and show it if an immigration officer stops you.
- Print your own Know Your Rights card (PNG) by clicking the link, then clicking control-P on your keyboard.
Dream Center Services
The Dream Center is a safe, caring, one-stop-shop for CRC's undocumented students. We provide:
- One-on-one personal and academic counseling for DACA, AB 540, AB 2000, SB68 and undocumented students
- Information regarding DACA laws and policies
- Referrals to agencies that provide free legal services for undocumented students and students of mixed status families
- Connections to support programs at Cosumnes River College
- Enrollment workshops and application assistance at EGUSD high Schools
- Assistance with completing the Los Rios application and the enrollment process
- Financial Aid and scholarship information and application assistance
- Student activities and engagement opportunities
- Free monthly immigration clinic - 30 minute appointments available
- UndocuAlly Training
- Policy Updates - workshops and speakers
- Complete Steps to Success, including online orientation, assessment schedule, and counseling information
- eServices tasks, including
- Registration assistance
- Search for classes
- Add/drop classes
- Pay registration fees
- Pay for your parking permit
- Printing your class schedule, pre-requisites, assessment scores, college planner, and unofficial transcripts
Every Friday, a representative from the Financial Aid Office will be in the Dream Center to answer any general questions regarding financial aid as well as assist with the completion of the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) or the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The CRC Dream Center, in partnership with Opening Doors Inc., offers free immigration consultations to faculty, staff, undocumented students, students of mixed-status families or any student in need of immigration services.
Each session is 30 minutes. Please contact the CRC Dream Center for information on upcoming clinics or to schedule an appointment. When leaving a message, be sure to provide your name, phone number and the time and date you would like your 30 minute appointment. Walk-ins may be available the day of the clinic.
UndocuAlly trainings are designed for staff, faculty, student employees and others who work with undocumented students and students from mixed status families at Cosumnes River College. The training provides an overview of the federal and state policies that impact the lives of undocumented students and students from mixed-status families, knowledge of the conditions experienced by students, activities to reach a greater understanding on how to address these needs, and tools to become allies and advocates during the student’s college journey and beyond.
Dream Center Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.