The Biology Department is dedicated to providing a rigorous, but supportive and diverse academic experience. We emphasize challenging lecture and laboratory courses where instructors work closely with students to help them reach their goals. We strive to:
- Understand the diverse backgrounds, learning styles, and challenges of community college students.
- Use innovative teaching that encourages critical thinking, student success, and lifelong learning.
- Provide extensive laboratory experiences so that students can learn the process of science.
- Offer day and evening sections for our pre-nursing and pre-allied health courses, with online offerings for pre-allied health courses.
- Offer stimulating honors courses in human cadaver dissection and intertidal ecology.
Note to Transfer Students:
If you are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelor’s degree in this major, it is critical that you meet with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for your major. Schools vary widely in terms of the required preparation. The courses that CRC requires for an associate’s degree in this major may be different from the requirements needed for the bachelor’s degree.