Cosumnes River College offers guaranteed admission to a number of four-year colleges and universities. Students may file a transfer admission guarantee (known as a TAG) after completing a specified number of transferable units with a minimum grade point average as determined by the transfer institution.
Cosumnes River College offers transfer admission guarantee to the following University of California (UC) campuses:
UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (UCLA TAP)
The UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP) gives you the opportunity to enhance your ability to transfer to UCLA at the junior level from a California community college. Students are certified after completing the honors/scholars program at their community college and given priority consideration for admission to UCLA College of Letters and Science.
CRC Students who complete a total of 15 units or more in honors-designated courses are eligible for special recognition as an Honors Scholar, a distinction that entitles the student to enhanced transfer and scholarship opportunities at select transfer colleges and universities, including UCLA, in whose Transfer Alliance Partnership CRC is a member.
Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
California community college transfer students with a GPA of 2.5 or higher are guaranteed admission to HBCU partner schools using either of the following two options:
- Complete a minimum of 30 UC or CSU units
- Complete a transfer level-associate degree (ADT) using:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education Breadth pattern.
- Students who qualify for this guarantee can also receive an application fee waiver code for the online Common Black College Application in order to apply to participating partner HBCU (four max). There may be additional prerequisites or other requirements for certain majors.
- Additional program benefits for students under the agreement include priority consideration for housing, consideration for transfer scholarships for students with a 3.2 or higher GPA, and pre-admission advising.
- Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL
- Alcorn State University, Lorman, MS
- Arkansas Baptist College, Little Rock, AR
- Benedict College, Columbia, SC
- Bennett College, Greensboro, NC
- Bethune-Cookman University, Daytona Beach, FL
- Bowie State University, Bowie, MD
- Central State University, Wilberforce, OH
- Claflin University, Orangeburg, SC
- Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA
- Dillard University , New Orleans, LA
- Edward Waters College, Jacksonville, FL
- Fisk University, Nashville, TN
- Florida Memorial University, Miami Gardens, FL
- Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
- Grambling State University, Grambling, LA
- Harris-Stowe State University, St. Louis, MO
- Huston-Tillotson University, Austin, TX
- Kentucky State University, Frankfort, KY
- Lane College, Jackson, TN
- Lincoln University of Missouri, Jefferson City, MO
- Lincoln University of Pennsylvania, Lincoln University, PA
- Mississippi Valley State University, Itta Beana, MS
- North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC
- Philander Smith College, Little Rock, AR
- Shaw University, Raleigh, NC
- Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA
- Stillman College, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Talladega College, Talladega, AL
- Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN
- Texas Southern University, Houston, TX
- Tougaloo College, Jackson, MS
- Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL
- Virginia State University, Petersburg, VA
- West Virginia State University, Institute, WV
- Wiley College, Marshall, TX
- Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA
Visit the California Community College HBCU website.