What is Articulation?
Course articulation is the process by which one college matches its courses to courses at another college. Students use course articulation to make sure that courses they take at one college will not have to be repeated when they transfer to another college.
If you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university, then you will probably take articulated courses for general education and major preparation.
Many colleges have articulation agreements (also called transfer course agreements), which define which courses they consider comparable. We have articulation agreements with University of California (UC), California State University (CSU), and some accredited private and out-of-state colleges.
CSU and UC Articulation Agreements
You can find articulation agreements between Cosumnes River College and both California State University and University of California at www.assist.org. The ASSIST.org website is undergoing an update, so you can use the following links to find transferability information for the current academic year:
The following are links to articulation agreements between Cosumnes River College and four-year private colleges and universities in California.
- Azusa Pacific University
- Biola University
- Brandman University Articulation Agreement (formerly Chapman University College)
- California College of the Arts (scroll down to "CCA articulation agreements" and choose Cosumnes River College)
- Chapman University
- Golden Gate University
- Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health Sciences
- Kaplan University – Transfer to Kaplan in the following majors requires completion of the appropriate AA or AS degree at CRC prior to transfer.
- Kaplan Business Articulation Agreement (PDF)
- Kaplan Communication/Organizational Communication Articulation Agreement (PDF)
- Kaplan Health Science Agreement (PDF)
- Kaplan Information Technology – Network Administration Agreement (PDF)
- Kaplan Information Technology – Programming Agreement (PDF)
- Kaplan Management Agreement (PDF)
- Kaplan Nutritional Science Agreement (PDF)
- Kaplan Psychology – Applied Behavioral Analysis Agreement (PDF)
- Marymount California University
- National University
- NewSchool of Architecture & Design
- Saint Mary's College
- Santa Clara University
- Scripps College
- University of the Pacific (UOP)
- University of Southern California (USC) (General Education and Transferable Courses)
- University of Southern California (USC) (Major Preparation Guides)
- William Jessup University
The following are links to articulation agreements between Cosumnes River College and four-year private or out-of-state colleges and universities.
- Arizona State University
- Ashford University
- Bastyr University
- Eastern Oregon University BS degree in Fire Services Administration (PDF)
- George Mason University
- Grand Canyon University (Choose "Transfer Course Search")
- Kansas State University
- Northern Michigan University
- Oregon Institute of Technology
- Sam Houston State University
- Southern New Hampshire University
- University of Nevada, Reno (Nursing, B.S.N.)
- University of Southern Nevada (USN) Articulation Agreement for BSN, Nursing (PDF)
- Because the University of Southern Nevada is outside of the state of California, you should verify that graduation from the BSN program at University of Southern Nevada will meet California's licensing eligibility requirements. This articulation agreement does not constitute such verification.
- Western Oregon University
- University of Hawaii at Hilo (PDF)
Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)
Out-of-State/International Transfer Information
Meet With a Counselor
If you are a student, prospective student, or parent, then please meet with a counselor to make an educational plan. Educational plans will help you make a smooth transition from Cosumnes River College to another college or university. The information on this page is not meant to replace meeting with a counselor.
If you are a representative of a college or university and would like to discuss creating or updating an articulation agreements, please email Juana Esty, Articulation Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 691-7307.
If you are a high school student interested in Career Education and high school articulation, please contact Traci Scott at (916) 691-7012 or ScottT@crc.losrios.edu. Visit Advanced Education and Career Education's High School Articulation pages for more information.