CRC does not automatically confer degrees or certificates because eligibility requirements vary. You are encouraged to meet with a counselor during your studies at CRC to ensure you are taking courses that will meet degree and certificate requirements.
- Spring 2024: Friday, March 1, 2024
- Summer 2024: Friday, July 5, 2024
- Fall 2024: Friday, October 4, 2024
Approval or Denial
Final evaluations begin after final grades are posted at the end of each respective term/semester.
You will be notified via email if your petition is approved or denied.
If denied, then you will be notified of the missing requirements and advised to submit a new petition. If approved, then your degree will be posted to your transcript within three to four months after the end of the semester.
All diplomas will be mailed to the student's address on file. If you need an accommodation to pick up your diploma in person, then please contact the Admissions and Records office.
|Mailed or Ready for Pick-Up
|First Friday in July
|First Friday in October
|First Friday in March
- Optional: Meet with a counselor. Lacking even a single requirement can cause the evaluation to stop and result in a denial letter. That letter may direct you to Counseling. Counseling appointments fill quickly. Drop-in appointments are available daily but are not guaranteed.
- Complete the Petition for a Degree or Certificate Form. Incomplete petitions will result in a denial letter.
- Be patient. You should allow for a minimum of five months from the end of the semester before you receive your diploma or certificate. Evaluators will notify students if there are any problems. If you change your mailing address with the college during this time, you must also notify the Evaluations staff in the Admissions & Records Office at (916) 691-7411.
Checking Degree Progress
Students should regularly request a computer-based report showing the progress you are making toward meeting degree/certificate and/or transfer requirements of your major. This is referred to as a Degree Audit or Academic Requirements Report. The report is not an official college document, but it will help you understand the courses required for your major and to help plan course selection for each term.
It is your responsibility to:
- Meet with a counselor regularly
- Review the report and confirm its accuracy
- Complete in-progress courses
- Register for the proper sequence of courses to satisfy your program requirements
For questions about your Degree Audit/Academic Requirements Report,
For the purpose of graduating or earning a certificate from any college in the Los Rios Community College District, a student who attends at least one session (whether quarter, semester, or summer) in each calendar year at any California community college, California State University, University of California, or any regionally accredited institution of higher education, may choose to meet the requirements in effect at the Los Rios college from which the student intends to graduate, as follows:
- Requirements that were in effect at the time the student was admitted to a Los Rios college
- Requirements that were in effect at the time the student originally enrolled in an accredited college
- Requirements that were in effect at the intended date of graduation from a Los Rios college
Frequently Asked Questions
The Admissions and Records office can answer questions regarding the status of your petition. They can be reached by phone at (916) 691-7411 or in person at the CRC Main Campus location: College Center, CC 151.
After submitting a petition to graduate, students wishing to walk in the graduation ceremony must submit a request online before the spring deadline. Visit the Graduation Ceremony page for more information.
Then check to see if you are active on the CRC Commencement page on Canvas. If you are not, please contact CRC-Commencenent@crc.losrios.edu.