CRC has partnered with NetTutor to support you in your coursework!
NetTutor tutors are available:
- Monday to Friday: 6:00 pm to 10:00 am
- Saturday and Sunday: 24 hours a day
Please Note: Due to limited free hours from NetTutor, each student is allotted ten hours per semester. If you run out of hours and would like to submit a request for more, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional hours are not guaranteed and will depend on the campus’s total usage of hours.
NetTutor may be accessed through your Canvas portal.
- Click the orange Access Online Tutoring button above.
- When prompted, log in with your Los Rios WID and password.
- Click Enroll in Course (free, non-credit course)
- You will be prompted to enroll the first time
- After enrolling into the course, Online Tutoring will be displayed as a course offering on your Canvas account
- Now you will be on the Online Tutoring Canvas course.
- Click Online Tutoring on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on NetTutor (listed below CRC Online Tutors)
- To access NetTutor tutors, click the NetTutor option. This action will take you to another page that will list out the available subjects NetTutor has tutors for. Scroll through and select the appropriate subject that you need tutoring support. (For example, if you need help with an algebra problem, click on Math.) If a live tutor is available, it will say Drop in and Meet with a Live Tutor or Drop Off a Question.
- If a tutor is not available you can click Drop In Tutoring Hours on the upper right corner to see all the days and times a tutor is available for that subject.
In order to maximize the time available, prepare for a session by having a particular concept or question that you would like to work on with the tutor. Tutors can help you with questions from your assignment, proofreading a paper or reviewing a concept from class.
Drop-off Essay Review
If you are short on time, you can drop your paper off for a tutor to review and provide feedback. Simply click on the Drop-off Writing tab, fill out a few questions and send your essay in.
We want your NetTutor account to be your own personalized learning environment. With this in mind, we have given you your own Locker to retrieve your archived sessions and receive feedback on essays, etc. Please look for the Locker icon once in NetTutor.