What is MI CASA?
The Multicultural Innovative Community for Academic Success and Achievement (MI CASA) Center welcomes all students and employees at CRC. Our goal is to provide a safe space that promotes validation, growth, and fosters creativity. We want to provide a home away from home that will inspire and mobilize you to positively impact the Latinx community, and the world.
The Multicultural Innovative Community for Academic Success and Achievement (MI CASA) Center is a Hispanic Serving Institute (HSI) Grant Program federally funded by the Department of Education.
MI CASA provides extra support for new and continuing Latino/a/x students to reach their academic goals. These students can receive support from Success Coaches, a designated Counselor, receive priority registration, and be part of a new student community.
All students are always welcome to visit and use our center as needed and attend our events. If you are interested in MI CASA, please fill out this Google Form. Cohort 3 is underway and you will be notified once you are onboarded.
Services Offered by MI CASA
- Assigned Success Coach by CAC who will provide support for your to reach your career, academic, and personal goals
- MI CASA designated counselor who will provide academic, and personal counseling to successfully reach your goals
- Personal and academic support during MI CASA’s summer program to better prepare students for fall semester
- Support with major exploration
- Priority registration for MI CASA’s students enrolled in 15+ units (9 minimum at CRC)
- Enrolled in a designated canvas course
- Cultural events and workshops
- Work Experience information and support
- Financial literacy workshops
- Transfer information and support
- Career preparation and planning
- Chromebooks available for use while in the MI CASA Center
- Space to build community and feel at home
- Professional development for CRC community
Upcoming MI CASA Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Interim HSI/MI CASA Director
MI CASA Counselor
Available Fall semester for walk-in support.
Monday to Thursday:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Make an in-person appointment.
Drop-in to the virtual office on Zoom during open hours.
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Library, third floor