Instructions for First-Time MESA Applicants
You must finish all of these steps to become an active MESA student. Applications need to be submitted on or before September 30th (fall semester) and February 28th (spring semester). MESA applications are not accepted in the summer semester.
- Download & fill out the MESA New Student Application. Paper copies may also be picked up at the MESA office.
- Print a copy of your unofficial transcripts from eServices and attach these to your application (these can be printed in the MESA computer lab, from another computer lab on campus or from home).
- Attach your Educational Plan. If you do not have an Educational Plan please see the MESA clerk to schedule an appointment or call the Counseling office directly at (916) 691-7316 to set up an appointment with a counselor.
- Meet with the MESA Director to determine your eligibility. Appointments are recommended, although drop-in times may be available.
Instructions for Continuing MESA Students
Download & fill out the MESA Continuing Student Application. Return the completed application to the MESA Center, Science Building, SCI 104. The Continuing Student Application must be filled out each semester to continuing your MESA membership.
Instructions for Academic Progress Reports (APR)
The Academic Progress Report (APR) is one of the ways MESA works with you to monitor your academic progress. You will submit one progress report each semester. This report will be due during week thirteen of the semester.
- Download & fill out the Academic Progress Report (PDF). Complete the following items: your name, student ID number, course title and instructor’s name.
- Take the APR to each of your instructors for their completion and signature. We encourage you to meet with all of your instructors during the office hours to discuss progress. Please include all courses from other colleges.
- Return the completed APR to the MESA Center, Science Building, SCI-104, on or before the deadline date.
- Business Services
- Career and Transfer Center
- Child Development Center
- Computer Labs
- Dream Center
- EOPS and CARE
- First Year Experience (FYE)
- Homeless Youth Success
- Native American Higher Ed
- NextUp/Foster Youth Services
- Peer Mentoring
- Puente Project
- Safe Spaces
- Student Access Center
- Umoja Diop Scholars
- Upward Bound
- Veterans Resource Center
- WEAVE Confidential Advocate