Fresh Success is an education and job training program serving Sacramento County CalFresh recipients who are enrolled in 6 or more units at CRC in an AA degree or certificate program.
Note: CalFresh participation is a mandatory requirement for Fresh Success eligibility. Visit the CalFresh website for more information. If you're not receiving CalFresh, we can help you apply!
Apply for CalFresh
A Sacramento County DHA Eligibility Specialist is available for assistance every Wednesday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, in the Student Support Center, Library Building L106.
Fresh Success Services
- Write an effective cover letter and resume, and improve your interview skills & employer-valued soft skills
- Improve your basic English, reading, writing and math skills through basic education course enrollment
- Make informed academic or vocational decisions
- Assistance in navigating college resources and services
- Learn new jobs skills in professional, technical or vocational programs
- Increase your ability to complete local and state government employment applications
- Complete a non-transferable AA degree or certificate program
- Other possible benefits include:
- Textbook voucher
- Transportation sssistance (gas cards)
- Parking permit
- Required class tools and supplies
Fresh Success Requirements
- Must be eligible to receive CalFresh (formerly know as Food Stamps) on your own case or your parents' case*
- Cannot receive CalWORKs benefits for yourself (you may receive benefits for your children)
- Must be enrolled (not wait-listed) at CRC in six or more units (three must be GED, ESL, Career Education (CE) or adult basic education)
- Associate Degrees for Transfer (AA-T/AS-T) will not be approved for the Fresh Success program
- Must be a Sacramento county resident
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
*Student participation in the following programs waive the CalFresh 20 hour/week student work requirement: DSPS, EOPS, CARE, Fresh Success, MESA, Puente, and State or Federal Work Study.
How to Apply to Fresh Success
To apply for the Fresh Success program, please print and fully complete the attached forms:
- Return both forms and documents to the Student Support Center, Library Building, L 106. You may also fax your documents to (916) 691-7434. Please write "Fresh Success" and your name at the top of each page.
- If your application is incomplete or not approved, we will notify you in writing at your CRC email address, your official email address of record.
- If you are eligible for Fresh Success, we will contact you to schedule an intake appointment.
In addition, Financial Aid representatives are available every Friday in the Student Access Center, Library Building L 125, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to answer questions and assist students who need help completing required documents. No appointment necessary.
We look forward to working with you!
Monday to Friday:
9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Student Support Center
Library Building, L125D
- Business Services
- Career and Transfer Center
- Child Development Center
- Computer Labs
- Dream Center
- EOPS and CARE
- First Year Experience (FYE)
- Fresh Success/CalFresh
- Homeless Youth Success
- Native American Higher Ed
- NextUp/Foster Youth Services
- Peer Mentoring
- Puente Project
- Safe Spaces
- Student Access Center
- Umoja Diop Scholars
- Upward Bound
- Veterans Resource Center
- WEAVE Confidential Advocate