California Department of Rehabilitation
The WorkAbility III program empowers students with disabilities to obtain their employment goals by providing assistance with career exploration, vocational counseling, and employment preparation. The program is a collaboration between Los Rios Community College District and the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR). We offer job seeking skills classes and workshops, vocational assessment, one-on-one career counseling, and job retention assistance. In order to participate in the program, you must be a consumer of the DOR. Call Rachel Stewart at (916) 558-2590 or inquire about the program with a DSPS counselor.
Department of Rehabilitation (DOR)
The DOR provides support for individuals with disabilities so they can reach employment goals, including access to training and academic credentials based on the agency-created Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE). Call the DOR Laguna Creek Branch at (916) 691-1555. A DOR Liaison is also at the DSPS office. For an on-campus appointment, contact the DSPS office at (916) 691-7275.
DSPS Agreements and Resources
- Personal Care Attendants FAQ (PDF)
- Auxiliary Aides and Services Agreement (PDF)
- DSPS Test Accommodation Guidelines (PDF)
- Assistive Technology Flyer (PDF)
- Notetaking Accommodation Guidelines (PDF)
- Appeal of Suspension (PDF)
- Disability Verification Form (PDF)
- Adapted PE Medical Release Form (PDF)
To report grievances or concerns, please refer to the list of Los Rios compliance officers.