The PRIDE Center supports a safe and inclusive campus environment for students, staff, faculty and community members by building an understanding of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. In particular, the Center serves the LGBTQIA+ community by fostering a campus culture that promotes LGBTQIA+ Identity, Civic Engagement and Activism, Mental Wellness and Community.
- Serves the diverse LGBTQIA+ community on campus
- Emphasizes intersectional LGBTQIA+ identities, especially those who have been historically underrepresented and disenfranchised
- Challenges what we know, or think we know, about LGBTQIA+ identity
- Creates spaces to share and disseminate information, challenge and dismantle negative stereotypes, and facilitate dialogue about marginalized orientations, gender identities, and intersex people in a non-judgmental atmosphere
- Advocates for improvements in campus climate regarding trans and queer issues and student success
- Opens opportunities for students to organize as they create scholarship, activist movements, and civic engagement that can transform LGBTQIA+ lives within and outside of campus
- Invites community members to learn and develop tools for maintaining mental wellness
- Supports students, staff, and faculty with speakers, scholars, and knowledge producers that can facilitate self and community care
- Organizes events that foster community alliances and systems of support to help create retention for the most marginalized within the LGBTQIA+ community
Upcoming Pride Center Events
from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Join Our Email List
Stay connected! Sign up to receive the latest news from the CRC PRIDE Center.
How to Change Your Name
Step 1: Log into your e-Services account and select “Profile”
Step 2: Select the “Preferred” box arrow
Step 3: Update information and select “Save”
Step 4: Your screen should now display the information you indicated
You can change your Student Access Card to your affirmed/chosen name (no legal documents required) at the Admissions and Records Office. See Student Access Card for more information.
*Please note this service is not available during remote operations and will resume when campus re-opens.
PRIDE Center Coordinator
Jennifer Martinez (she, her, ella)
PRIDE Center Specialist
Alejandra Trejo (she, her, ella)
PRIDE Center Student Personnel Assistant
Dr. Brianna Ellis
AB 620 LGBTQ Point of Contact
Monday to Thursday:
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Center for Inclusion and Belonging
Library, L 106H