Skip to Content

You may lose priority enrollment status if either of the following are true:

  • You have completed more than 90 degree-applicable units within the Los Rios Community College District.
  • You have been on probation or dismissal for two consecutive semesters.

If you lose priority enrollment, then you can still enroll in classes during open enrollment.

How to Appeal Loss of Priority Enrollment

To appeal the loss of priority enrollment, complete and submit an appeal form to the Admissions and Records Office. There are two ways to access the form:

Please allow two working days for your appeal to be processed. Your appeal results will be sent to your email.

Things to Know Before You Appeal

  1. The grounds for an appeal are limited and specific. Review the appeal form to make sure you meet the grounds for a successful appeal.
  2. Appeals are specific to an enrollment cycle, so you need to submit an appeal for each enrollment cycle for which you have lost priority status.
  3. A successful appeal for loss of priority enrollment also reinstates the California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG fee waiver) eligibility lost due to poor academic/progress performance. Learn more about how to maintain satisfactory academic progress.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I normally register during Priority 0. Am I exempt from losing priority status?

No student is exempt from losing priority registration status. If you complete too many units within the Los Rios Community College District or are placed on probation or dismissal for two consecutive terms, then you may lose priority status.

What are degree-applicable units?

Degree-applicable units are those that are required as part of a degree or certificate program. Only courses that you have taken at a Los Rios college count as degree-applicable (transfer units from other colleges do not count). Examples of units that are not counted are those from:

  • Remedial courses, such as arithmetic or pre-algebra
  • English or math labs
  • Advanced placement (AP) credit