Health and Wellness Services
Effective March 13th, CRC Health and Wellness Center will be closed until further notice. The college nurse can still be reached for advice nursing by phone or email during normal business hours 10:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday.
On campus services will resume in the future but, in the meantime, students can still be seen by the Sacramento County Health Clinic located at 4600 Broadway, Suite 1300, Sacramento, CA 95820. Before visiting the clinic, please call (916) 874-9670.
If you are looking to schedule an appointment for reproductive health services while the campus is closed, please call the Sacramento Sexual Health Clinic at (916) 875-1551.
The Vitalant Blood Drive planned for April 14 to 15 has been cancelled, but donors are still urgently needed. Call (866) 822-5663 to make an appointment. Vitalant Announcement (PDF).
The Cosumnes River College Health and Wellness Services office is staffed by college nurses and peer health educators to assist students with health-related problems, including first-aid, illness prevention and wellness information, and vision, hearing, TB, and blood pressure screening.
There are no on-site physician services and we cannot make medical diagnoses. The nursing staff, however, can assess problems and make referrals to physicians or health agencies as needed.
The following services are provided:
- Health Counseling
- TB Screening (PPD) Tuberculin Skin Testing
- Cancer Education
- Reproductive Education
- HIV Education
- Hearing and Vision Screening
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Lactation Area (for Breastfeeding)
- Baby Changing Area
- Health Screenings
- Hepatitis Education
- Blood Borne Pathogen Education
- First Aid/CPR
- Smoking Cessation Quit Kits
- Stress Reduction/Conflict Resolution
- First Aid
- Triage Acute
- Medical Referrals
- Alcohol Treatment Referrals
- Mental Health Referrals
- Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Education
- Feminine Napkins
- Advising post surgical students and those with a temporary disability
- Free literature and pamphlets on a variety of health topics/problems via health information in the health office
- EOPS physical assessments
- Temporary rest area for student/staff returning from illness/injury
- Health/accident insurance information and forms
- Serving as liaison between student-college-home and student-college-community
- Advising on function and use of community agencies
The following services are not provided at the Health and Wellness Center:
- Regular physician services
- Dental services
- Eye refractions or glasses
- Physical Examinations
TB Inserts are available on Mondays and Tuesdays. Please call to schedule an appointment.
$5.00 for one-step TB (48 to 72-hour process)
$10.00 for two-step TB (two-week process)
There is a $5.00 fee for additional copies.
STAND (Sacramento Taking Action Against Nicotine Dependence – Breathe California of Sacramento Emigrant Trails) has provided "Quit Kits" for those who want to kick the smoking habit. Quit Kits are not limited to students.
Events, Workshops, Presentations
There are no upcoming events at this time.
College nurses will respect your privacy and not share anything you tell them, except in the following situations :
- You give us reason to believe that you may be in danger of harming yourself
- You give us reason to believe that you may intend to harm another
- You give us reason to believe that you may be a victim of abuse
We are required by law to report these three situations. However, we will also be there to help you and support you with your problems in any way we can.
Monday to Thursday:
10:00 am to 4:00pm
By appointment only
Hours subject to change without notice.
Operations and Public Safety, OPS 126