We are committed to maintaining a safe campus environment and comprehensive safety program. Learn about campus police services, crime reporting, emergency phones, and emergency alerts.
Our Commitment to Safety
Cosumnes River College is committed to maintaining a safe campus and comprehensive safety program. Our faculty and staff are trained to respond to emergency and safety incidents.
Our campuses and centers are routinely patrolled by Los Rios Police Department (LRPD). LRPD employs sworn police officers who are responsible for protecting life and property across the district.
Learn more about the CRC Police Center, including its location, hours, and services offered to students and employees (property registration, lost and found, safety escorts, safety tips, and more).
Annual Clery Report
Each year, Los Rios Police Department publishes the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Report (also know as the Annual Clery Report). This report includes information about our safety and security policies and specific crime statistics.
Reporting a Crime or Theft
There are blue light emergency phones located throughout campus that connect you directly to Los Rios Police Dispatch. Use these phones to call police in an emergency or if you need an officer dispatched to your location.
The following are examples of emergencies:
- Someone needs medical aid
- There is a fire in progress
- There is a crime in progress
- There has been a traffic accident
- There is a disruptive person or group on campus
The following are examples of non-emergency reasons you might want an officer dispatched to your location:
- Keeping the peace at a civil protest
- Escorting you to your vehicle
- Fund transfer (if you are staff)
- There is a faulty fire or intrusion alarm
- You need a classroom or facility unlocked or locked and facilities staff are unavailable
- You need access to a facility after normal operating hours
Emergency Alert System
In the event of an emergency or disaster, Los Rios will provide critical information to students and employees via an emergency alert system. Emergency alerts are issued via text, phone call, and email. Make sure you receive emergency alerts – update your contact information today!