The information provided here is vital to running for an elected office. Please read the Associated Students of CRC (ASCRC) Constitution and the Bylaws for the Clubs and Events Board and the Bylaws for the Student Senate carefully.
Should you have questions regarding this material or the elections process, ask before the application is due. Please refer any questions to ASCRC Advisor Oscar Mendoza-Plascencia at email@example.com.
2023 Election Calendar
Student election shall be held in April on the same days at each college on the same dates and times as the Student Body Association elections. The election dates shall be scheduled by the month of September preceding the election.
- March 6 at 8:00 am to March 30 at 5:00 pm: Election materials available
- March 13 to 19: Spring Break
- March 30 at 5:00 pm: Applications Due
- Candidates notified before start of orientations the week following (April 4)
- April 4 to 6: Pre-Campaign Orientations
- One week after petitions due; scheduled by advisors
- All campuses will be available for all candidates
- Tuesday, April 4 from 12:00 to 1:00 pm in the Library, L-106C
Thursday, April 6 at 5:30 pm via Zoom (email Sharon Dayal at DayalS@crc.losrios.edu for link)
- April 18 to 27: Campaign Period
- April 18 to 24: Candidate Forums
- April 18 (Tuesday): ARC Forum - 12:00 to 1:00 pm
- April 19 (Wednesday): CRC Forum - 12:00 to 1:00 pm
(Location: CRC Main Campus Quad)
- April 20 (Thursday): SCC Forum - 12:00 to 1:00 pm
- April 24 (Monday): FLC Forum - 12:00 to 1:00 pm
- April 25 to 26: Election
- May 12: Finals Start
- May 18: Semester Ends
- TBD: Student Trustee Orientation
- June 1: Trustee assumes office
- July 1: Campus positions assume office
How to Vote
Voting in student elections is a privilege for currently enrolled students. Voting only takes a few minutes and makes a lasting impact on the campus environment and student experience!
- Review candidate information in the Student Voter Guide
- Log into eServices on election days
- Click on Other Resources
- Click on Elections & Surveys
- Proceed to the voting site – and vote!
For more information please email ASCRC Advisor Oscar Mendoza-Plascencia at MendozO@crc.losrios.edu.
Candidacy Verification and Public Information
Every candidate for appointment to the ASCRC Clubs and Events Board or Student Senate must complete the online application.
The Advisor uses this information to verify that the candidate meets all of the requirements and is eligible to serve as a Student Leader of the ASCRC on the Clubs and Events Board or the Student Senate. Any information provided on the Public Information Form may be shared with the public.
Steps in the Candidate Election Process:
- Submit the online ASCRC Appointment Application.
- Once submitted, an ASCRC advisor will reach out to you via email to confirm your appointment and next steps.
Read the Associated Students of Cosumnes River College Constitution and the Student Senate Bylaws and CAEB Bylaws position qualifications.
Run for Student Trustee
The student trustee represents the student perspective on the Los Rios Board of Trustees. This is a districtwide position. Students must be enrolled in at least five units at any Los Rios college to be able to run for student trustee.