The information provided here is vital to running for an elected office. Please read the Associated Students of CRC (ASCRC) Constitution and the Bylaws for the Clubs and Events Board (CAEB) and the Student Senate (SS) carefully. Should you have questions regarding this material or the elections process, ask before the application is due.
Please refer any questions to ASCRC Advisor Kayla Anaya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Election Calendar
Student election shall be held in April on the same days at each college on the same dates and times as the Student Body Association elections. The election dates shall be scheduled by the month of September preceding the election.
- March 7: Election Information
- Available for three weeks
2022-2023 Candidate Application
- Available for three weeks
- March 28: Petition Due
- Need two weeks: verifications due by end of this week (Friday, April 1)
- Candidates notified before start of orientations the week following (April 5)
- April 5 to 7: Pre-Campaign Orientations
- One week after petitions due; scheduled by advisors
- All campuses will be available for all candidates
- April 6, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm - CRC Pre-Campaign Orientation
- April 11 to 17: Spring Break
- April 18 to 27: Campaign Period
- Campaigning and the posting of all materials may begin one week (seven calendar days) prior to elections and will end at the close of elections
- April 19 to 25: Candidate Forums
- April 19 (Tuesday): ARC Forum - 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- April 20 (Wednesday): CRC Forum - 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- April 21 (Thursday): SCC Forum - 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- April 25 (Monday): FLC Forum - 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- April 26 to 27: Election
- Always on Tuesday and Wednesday the week after the Campaign Period
- May 3 and 4: (new date) Special election for just the districtwide student trustee position
- May 12: Finals Start
- May 18: Semester Ends
- May 24: Student Trustee Orientation
- June 1: Trustee Assumes Office
How to Vote
Voting in student elections is a privilege for currently enrolled students. Voting only takes a few minutes and makes a lasting impact on the campus environment and student experience!
- Review candidate information in the Student Voter Guide
- Log into eServices on election days
- Click on Other Resources
- Click on Elections & Surveys
- Proceed to the voting site – and vote!
For more information please email ASCRC Advisor Kayla Anaya at email@example.com.
Candidacy Verification and Public Information
Every candidate for appointment to the ASCRC Clubs and Events Board or Student Senate must complete the online application below.
The Advisor uses this information to verify that the candidate meets all of the requirements and is eligible to serve as a Student Leader of the ASCRC on the Clubs and Events Board or the Student Senate.
Once verified and officially appointed, the new member’s contact information will be included on the ASCRC roster. Any information provided on the Public Information Form may be shared with the public.
Steps in the Candidate Appointment Process:
- Submit the online ASCRC Appointment Application before the deadline.
- Once submitted, an ASCRC advisor will reach out to you via email to confirm your candidacy.