At Cosumnes River College, we believe in you and your goals, and we want to see you achieve them – that's why we're making the Los Rios Promise. Promise programs offer first-time, full-time students up to two years of tuition-free education at any Los Rios college.
The Los Rios Promise covers tuition for 12 to 18 units but does not cover the cost of books or other fees. Learn about other types of financial aid that can help cover your expenses.
Deadline for Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion
Eligible students must enroll in classes and submit the FAFSA/CADAA by the following deadlines to receive Los Rios Promise funds:
- Summer 2021: June 16, 2021
- Fall 2021: September 7, 2021
- Spring 2022: January 31, 2022
To be eligible for the Los Rios Promise, you must:
- Be a California resident
- Be a first-time college student*
- Enroll in and maintain at least 12 units for fall and spring semesters by the deadline
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) by the deadline
* Courses taken during high school (through dual enrollment or advanced education) are considered "pre-college" and do not prevent you from taking advantage of the Los Rios Promise. Students who transfer from a college other than a Los Rios college are not eligible for the Los Rios Promise.
Los Rios Promise Funds for Summer Tuition Fees
To use Los Rios Promise funds to pay for your summer tuition fees, you must enroll in 12 or more units for the summer term by the Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion deadline.
Eligibility for Mid-Term First-Time New and Second Year Recipients
Students are only eligible for the Los Rios Promise Program for two award years beginning with their initial enrollment in the fall term. Students whose first enrollment is the spring term will only be eligible for 1.5 years (not the full two years), provided that they meet the enrollment and FAFSA completion deadline.
To apply for the Los Rios Promise Program for a second year, students must complete a new FAFSA and be enrolled in 12 or more units on the enrollment deadline. Students who are transferring in from another California community college must contact the Financial Aid office. Students transferring from a college or university outside of California are not eligible for the Los Rios Promise Program.
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA)* by the Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion deadline. See all financial aid deadlines.
* If you are not a US citizen or permanent US resident, then you should fill out the CADAA instead of the FAFSA.