Health Records Information Technology
Certificate of Achievement
Health Records IT Technical Support Specialist Certificate
Students who complete this certificate will be prepared to support, on an ongoing basis, the technology deployed in clinical and public health settings. Workers in this role maintain systems in clinical and public health settings, including patching and upgrading of software. They also provide one-on-one support, in a traditional “help desk” model, to individual users with questions or problems.
Catalog Date: June 1, 2020
|Course Code||Course Title||Units|
|CISA 320||Introduction to Database Management||1|
|CISC 308||Exploring Computer Environments and the Internet||1|
|CISC 310||Introduction to Computer Information Science||3|
|CISC 356||Introduction to Local Area Networks||1.5|
|AH 110||Medical Language for Health-Care Providers||3|
|HRIT 142||Installation and Maintenance of Health Records IT Systems||2|
|CISS 310||Network Security Fundamentals||3|
|HRIT 132||Configuring Electronic Health Records (EHRs)||2|
|HRIT 144||Working with Health Records IT Systems||2|
|CISN 490||Networking Helpdesk Practicum||3|
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Interact with end users to diagnose IT problems and implement solutions.
- Document IT problems and evaluate the effectiveness of problem resolution.
- Support systems security and standards.
- Assist end users with the execution of audits and related privacy and security functions.
- Incorporate usability principles into ongoing software configuration and implementation.
- Ensure that the hardware/software “fail-over” and related capabilities are appropriately implemented to minimize system downtime.
- Ensure that privacy and security functions are appropriately configured and activated in hardware and software.
- Interact with the vendors as needed to rectify technical problems that occur during the deployment process.
- Work with the vendor and other sources of information to find the solution to a user’s question or problem as needed.
- Describe the purpose of typical networking hardware and software.
- Summarize the mechanisms used to make network data continuously available.
- Analyze fundamental security concepts.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Review the skills for troubleshooting computer problems.
- Examine common support problems.
Technical Support Staff or Software Support Staff