CRC's Career Center helps students with choosing a major, career exploration, career counseling, and job preparation.
Drop-In Sessions are available for quick questions. Our Career Counselor will meet with students on a first-come, first-served basis by video or phone. Drop-in availability and wait times will depend on the counselor’s schedule. Click on the "knock on door" button below to be added to the drop-in list.
These appointments are conducted entirely online, from wherever you are. They do not involve an office visit.
- A desktop or laptop computer works best. Smart phones and tablets may work, but are limited in what they can do.
- A working webcam.
- A working microphone.
- Google Chrome or Firefox web browser required, or a smartphone with the Zoom or ConexED app downloaded. Safari and Internet Explorer web browsers are not compatible.
Appointments are available through the Career Center’s Online Appointment System for:
- Career Counseling (not course planning)
- Major/Career Exploration
- Career Assessment Guidance
- Resume Assistance
- Interview Preparation
- Job Search/Application Assistance
Only phone or video appointments are available at this time. In-person appointments are not available. Appointments can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance. Please plan ahead. Appointments fill up quickly, so schedule early for the best choice of days and times. You must have a Student ID to access this system.
Major and Career Exploration
These services are designed to help students make informed career and major selection decisions that are compatible with their values, personality, and interests. Services include:
Talk to people who are specialists in the field that you want to learn more about. Learn more about informational interviews and find ways to meet new people.
Job Preparation and Planning
Join Handshake, our new, free job-search portal for current students and alumni to:
- Search for full-time and part-time jobs, on-campus jobs, internships, co-ops, and volunteer positions.
- Receive emails describing positions that match your search criteria .
- Upload resume and other portfolio documents.
- Access upcoming events, workshops, and information sessions.
We can guide you toward the top search engines for public and private jobs on a local, state and national level.
Local Resources and Partnerships
University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) is a non-profit auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento. UEI is the largest provider of student assistant employment opportunities in California. Both state agencies and private employers use UEI's California Intern Network as their primary source for student assistants.
Sacramento Employment and Training Agency (SETA) in partnership with Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD) is offering services to you at no cost! Services include:
- Connecting you to career opportunities in your field of study
- Coordinating and scheduling interviews with local employers that align with your career goals
- Preparing you for a professional interview
- Providing advice on evaluating and accepting job offers
For more information contact:
Cosumnes River College, Library building
Mondays and Tuesdays
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
The CalCareers Jobs Center provides:
- Informational materials on state civil service employment
- Computer access to visit the state jobs website
- Search assistance for state exams and state jobs
- Help completing your online state profile and filling out a Standard State Application online
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
1810 16th Street, Sacramento, CA 95811
Sacramento WORKS provides job announcements, employer recruitment events, workshops, computers with internet & wifi access, telephones, fax machines, career assessment, coaching and career planning, apprenticeship opportunities, on-the-job training programs, youth employment services, scholarships, and typing tests (by appointment only). Make an appointment at an office below, or visit Sacramento WORKS online for more information.
7000 Franklin Blvd., Suite 540
Sacramento, CA 95823
1000 C Street, Suite 100
Galt, CA 95632
5655 Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 8
Sacramento, CA 95842
Amy Avalos, M.S.
Tuesday to Thursday:
8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Mondays and Fridays by appointment
Library, L 217
Inside the Transfer and Career Center
Campus currently closed; services offered remotely.