CRC's Career Center helps students with choosing a major, career exploration, career counseling, and job preparation.
Drop-In Sessions are available for quick questions. Our Career Counselor will meet with students on a first-come, first-served basis by video or phone. Drop-in availability and wait times will depend on the counselor’s schedule.
Meet with a Career Center counselor on Zoom for quick questions. If you will need a longer session, please make an appointment.
Spring 2022 Drop-In Hours
Every Monday from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm:
Every Tuesday from 1:00 to 2:00 pm:
Every Friday from 2:00 to 3:00 pm:
These appointments are conducted entirely online, from wherever you are. They do not involve an office visit.
- A desktop or laptop computer works best. Smart phones and tablets may work, but are limited in what they can do.
- A working webcam.
- A working microphone.
- Web browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari (desktop or iOS) required, or a smartphone with the Zoom or ConexED app downloaded. Internet Explorer is not compatible.
In-person and online appointments are available for:
- Career Counseling (not course planning)
- Major/Career Exploration
- Career Assessment Guidance
- Resume Assistance
- Interview Preparation
- Job Search/Application Assistance
Online appointments are available by phone or video Monday through Friday. In-person appointments are available on Wednesday or Thursday each week, beginning February 22. Appointments can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance. Please plan ahead. Appointments fill up quickly, so schedule early for the best choice of days and times. You must have a Student ID to access this system.
Major and Career Exploration
These services are designed to help students make informed career and major selection decisions that are compatible with their values, personality, and interests:
Whether you’re exploring majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this website will help. Learn typical career areas and types of employers that hire in these fields, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate.
Students in good standing are eligible to be hired for a variety of paid on-campus jobs. It’s a great way to earn income while attending school! To view and apply for these opportunities, please log in to your Handshake account.
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a need-based program. Eligible students who are receiving financial aid through FAFSA will be offered a Federal Work-Study option as part of their financial aid package. FWS students who wish to take advantage of this benefit must be proactive in seeking FWS employment on campus in order to earn up to the amount of FWS award they accept. As with all student jobs, there is no guarantee of employment but Internships & Career Services staff are available to help you apply and prepare for interviews.
Job Preparation and Planning
Join Handshake, our new, free job-search portal for current students and alumni to:
- Search for full-time and part-time jobs, on-campus jobs, internships, co-ops, and volunteer positions.
- Receive emails describing positions that match your search criteria .
- Upload resume and other portfolio documents.
- Access upcoming events, workshops, and information sessions.
Local Resources and Partnerships
University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) is a non-profit auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento. UEI is the largest provider of student assistant employment opportunities in California. Both state agencies and private employers use UEI's California Intern Network as their primary source for student assistants.
Sacramento Employment and Training Agency (SETA) in partnership with Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD) is offering services to you at no cost! Services include:
- Connecting you to career opportunities in your field of study
- Coordinating and scheduling interviews with local employers that align with your career goals
- Preparing you for a professional interview
- Providing advice on evaluating and accepting job offers
For more information contact:
Cosumnes River College, Library building
Mondays and Tuesdays
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
The CalCareers Jobs Center provides:
- Informational materials on state civil service employment
- Computer access to visit the state jobs website
- Search assistance for state exams and state jobs
- Help completing your online state profile and filling out a Standard State Application online
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
1810 16th Street, Sacramento, CA 95811
Sacramento WORKS provides job announcements, employer recruitment events, workshops, computers with internet & wifi access, telephones, fax machines, career assessment, coaching and career planning, apprenticeship opportunities, on-the-job training programs, youth employment services, scholarships, and typing tests (by appointment only). Make an appointment at an office below, or visit Sacramento WORKS online for more information.
7000 Franklin Blvd., Suite 540
Sacramento, CA 95823
1000 C Street, Suite 100
Galt, CA 95632
5655 Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 8
Sacramento, CA 95842
Amy Avalos, M.S.
By appointment only, beginning February 22, 2022
Wednesday or Thursday (varies by week):
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Monday to Friday:
8:30 am to 3:00 pm
College Center, CC252
Inside the Transfer, Internship and Career Center (TICC)