Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federal student aid program that provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school to help pay your education expenses. Please read the FWS Student Handbook 18-19 for more detailed information.
In order to apply for a Federal Work-Study position, you must:
- Have a completed Financial Aid file at CRC for 2018-19.
- Be enrolled at least half-time (6 units) in course applicable units for the current semester. If you are enrolled at another Los Rios College, you must have an approved consortium on file for those units to be counted towards your enrollment status. Late start classes will not be considered until they have started.
- Have sufficient unmet need. On your Award summary page, click on “Financial Aid Summary” and subtract your “total aid” from your “estimated need” in order to find your unmet need. Unmet need must be at least $2700 in order to be considered for FWS.
- Submit an application packet to the department you are applying for which should include:
- A Federal Work Study Application
- a copy of the job posting for which you are interested in applying
- your resume
- the message from eService's that indicates you have met the FWS requirements (will be sent beginning of July 2018)
- any other documents that the department requests on the FWS job posting
While you may apply for more than one FWS position, you can only receive one FWS award. If you are hired for a position, please inform any other perspective FWS employers before accepting another interview. Due to the limitation of the number of hours a student is eligible to work, most employers cannot accommodate students who are working as a FWS student in another department.
Please click on the link below to review the following FWS job announcements:
IT and Media Services
Disability Services & Programs for Students (DSPS)
Child Development Center
Health Services - Peer Health Educator
Student Life Leadership Center
Work Experience Internship Office