Financial Aid

About the Awards

About the Awards

Your financial aid package is likely to include funds from the Student Financial Assistance Programs. These programs, administered by the U.S. Department of Education, provide 70% of all student financial assistance (over $40 billion a year):


Americorps is a program that will allow you to earn money for college, or pay back a student loan through volunteer time in the local, state, or federal government aid programs. Visit the Americorps website for more information.

BOG Fee Waiver (CA College Promise Grant)

The BOG Fee Waiver (CA College Promise Grant) has adopted the fee waiver for eligible students to assist with the enrollment fees ($46/unit). To receive this assistance, students must complete a Fee Waiver Application or must have applied for financial aid through the FAFSA, and be a California resident or determined an AB540 student. Click here for more information.

Cal Grant B

In most instances, Cal Grant B participants will receive $1,656 in access costs during the first year in the post-secondary institution. In subsequent years, the award may include an additional amount to pay tuition and/or fees at a public or private four-year college, university or other qualifying institution.

Cal Grant C

Cal Grant C awards provide tuition/fees and supplies for students training for vocational careers. Funding is available for up to 24 months, depending on the length of the program. Awards pay up to $2,592 for tuition/fees and up to $547 for tools, books and supplies. A Cal Grant C award, at a community college, pays up to $547 for tools, books and equipment per term. It does not pays for tuition/fees.

Chafee Grant

The Chafee Grant is for students who are or were in foster care between 16 and 18 years of age, have not yet reached 22 years of age, and are attending college or a vocational school. The Grant gives up to $5,000 annually. To apply, please visit the Chafee Grant website.

Direct Loans.

If you don’t receive enough free money to pay for college and you aren’t able to cover your costs with savings or other resources, consider federal student loans. Your interest rate will be low, and you’ll usually have up to 10 years to repay, along with other benefits. You can get a federal loan even if you don’t have financial need, and there’s no credit check. Click here for more information.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants are limited funds that are awarded by the school. The FSEOG is available to students who completed FAFSA by priority deadline and have been determined to have a zero EFC.

Federal Pell Grant

Available to undergraduate students only. The maximum award is for the 2017-2018 academic year is $5,920. There is life-time limit equivalent to 6 full time semesters. This is a grant which does not have to be repaid.

Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study provides jobs to undergraduate students who are paid an hourly rate at minimum wage or above. Jobs are provided on and off campus, with hourly wages paid directly to the student to help with educational expenses.

Full Time Student Success Grant (FTSSG)

The Full Time Student Success Grant is designed to encourage students to maintain full-time enrollment status and graduate or transfer sooner. To qualify for the FTSSG, students must be enrolled full time and receiving a Cal Grant B. The FTSSG is $1,000 per academic year. This grant is available to AB540 students.


Where to Find Us

Location: Library Building, L-107 (1st Floor)
Main Office L-107
Mon - Thurs 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Student Access Center L-125:
Fridays Only
8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Elk Grove Center FAO
Monday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday 8:00 am 4:30 pm
Phone: (916) 691-7325
Fax: (916) 691-7651

Financial Aid

Visit the IRS website online in order to request and print either your Tax Return Transcript or Wage and Income Transcript.