A.S.-T Math for Transfer
CRC's Mathematics program offers a comprehensive mathematics curriculum addressing the needs of both transfer and non-transfer students. The study of mathematics provides students with the ability to think logically and abstractly and to use problem-solving and computational skills necessary for success in any field of study.
- Budget Analyst
- Casualty Rater
- Computer Programmer
- Engineering Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Management Scientist
- Operations Researcher
- Public Opinion Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- Urban Planner
Most of these careers require education beyond the two-year college level.
- A professional and innovative staff committed to providing the best possible mathematics education, including the use of computers and videos in the teaching of mathematics
- A comprehensive mathematics curriculum addressing the needs of both the transfer student and the non-transfer student
- A program integrating "hands-on" use of the computer
- A math center providing tutorial support for students
- A program that uses assessment for proper placement of students
- A Mathematics, Engineering and Science Achievement (MESA) program
- A Supplemental Instruction (SI) program embedding student instructional assistants in certain arithmetic, prealgebra, and algebra courses to augment student learning
Note to Transfer Students:
If you are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university
to pursue a bachelor’s degree in this major, it is critical that you meet
with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for your major.
Schools vary widely in terms of the required preparation. The courses
that CRC requires for an associate’s degree in this major may be
different from the requirements needed for the bachelor’s degree.
For information about the student learning outcomes for this program, see www.crc.losrios.edu/pslo