EGC Building Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:30am - 9:30pm. Friday, 8:00am- 4:30pm.
- Due to security protocol changes at all Educational Centers, keys for faculty have been requested.
- As is the case at the main CRC campus, faculty will be responsible for securing classrooms. In case of emergencies, faculty now have capacity to secure the classroom.
- If you are running late, or will be absent, please call the EG Center at (916) 525-4300, so we can post the information for your students. Leave a message if you are sent to voicemail. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL. You should also call your division office on the main campus to inform them of your absence.
- Provide your contact information for students on your syllabi. Please do not refer students to the main Elk Grove Center line on your syllabi; we cannot take personal messages from students for instructors.
- All new faculty will be provided a pouch in your mailbox with whiteboard markers for use in the classroom.
Faculty & Staff Mail/Workroom - Room 102E
- The mail/workroom has a copy machine, fax machine, scantron machine, refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, and basic office supplies.
- Students are not allowed in the workroom.
- There is a copy machine in Room 102E; use your copier code (provided in your mailbox), however, that code is not intended for large jobs.
- Send duplicating requests of more than 20 copies to the CRC Duplicating/Printing Services and be sure to identify Elk Grove Center as the delivery location.
- Any outgoing mail goes in EGC mail tub; incoming inter campus mail will be placed in your mailbox.
- Be sure to check your box regularly, your division office may forward items to you here.
Faculty Shared Office Space - Room 108E
- You need an employee prox card to access this room. Your division administrative assistant should process this request for you.
- Meetings with students may be held in this location. If you are meeting students in this area during office hours, please let your students know to knock loudly.
- Students should NOT be left unattended in Room 108E.
- Computers are available for your use. Please remember to log off after use.
- Room 108E is a shared space so please be respectful of others using the area; please remember that extended conversations can be distracting for other colleagues preparing for class.
- Please do not remove any supplies belonging to the office space.
IT and Media Cabinets
- We do not have an IT person onsite; if you have any issues with the computer or media equipment, please enter a help desk ticket, or use the instructions posted on the media cabinet. If you place a help desk ticket please cc the Center Supervisor (tiffany [dot] clark (at) crc [dot] losrios [dot] edu (subject: Help%20Desk%20Ticket%20Entered%20by%20Faculty) ) so the Center staff will be aware of the issue.
- For additional media training, contact Media services at (916) 691-7371.
- A limited amount of VGA cables, pointers, and headsets are available for check-out for the duration of your class period in the student services area.
- Please notify the EG Center staff if you will accept homework in your mailbox. We will not accept homework without prior faculty notification.
Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 7:00pm and Friday, 8:00am—4:00pm.
- Admissions and Records, Cashier Services, Counseling, & Student ID cards/UTP Stickers
- We carry a limited supply of the following scantrons: 2020-c, 815, 825-e, 882-e, 883, 884, 886.
- Financial Aid hours are Monday –Thursday 8:00 to 4:30pm.
Please advise your students which Scantron # they need and to plan ahead when purchasing scantrons!
Learning Resource Center/ Tutoring Services/Math Center & Reading Writing Center (Room 204)
- Computers and GoPrint printers are available for student use.
- Tutors in Math and English are available; please refer the students to the LRC for tutoring availability.
- Students may enroll in Math Center or Reading Writing Center at the EGC, hours will be posted in the LRC.
- The EGC has a small 2-hour reserve library in the LRC, if you would like to put a book on reserve please fill out the request form (available in the faculty work office space) and send it to the CRC Library.
- Books may be requested through the Library website and picked up here in the LRC.
- A campus patrol officer will be on campus throughout the day. Please notify the patrol officer or the Center Supervisor with any safety issues you may have.
- In case of emergency call campus police at (916) 558-2221. Be sure to indicate that you are calling from the Elk Grove Center (See blue placard posted on the wall).
- The Emergency Response Notification Icon (ERNI) is located on all computer desktops in case of an emergency. If this is accidentally double-clicked, you must call Campus Police to notify them there is not an emergency.
Please refer to the Emergency Response flyer that was provided in your inbox for more information on how to respond in an emergency.
In case of an evacuation please follow these procedures:
- Follow instructions from the ACES Floor Captain (will be wearing an orange vest)
- Depending on the reason for evacuation, meet at the following rally points. (ACES floor captain will notify you of the rally point)
- Rally Point A (Default)—Staff Parking lot (front of the building)
- Rally Point B— The West Concrete Wall
- Rally Point C— Whitelock Parkway