CERTIFICATE OF PROFICIENCY
- ESL—Listening and Speaking for Academic and Workforce Preparation
- ESL—Listening and Speaking for College Success
- ESL—Reading for Academic and Workforce Preparation
- ESL—Reading for College Success
- ESL—Writing for Academic and Workforce Preparation
- ESL—Writing for College Success
CRC offers a comprehensive ESL program with courses in grammar, listening/speaking, pronunciation, reading, and writing designed to provide the English language learner with the command of the English language necessary to pursue both transfer and vocational courses and enter the workforce. Students can enter with virtually no knowledge of English and progress to an extremely proficient level.
Please review the English as a Second Language Course Ladder with a counselor to determine a course taking pattern.
Command of the English language is critical in any career choice
- Well-trained, dedicated staff
- Wide range of practical course offerings designed to facilitate entry into other programs
- Curriculum designed to facilitate the transition to American life and college culture for international students.
NOTE TO TRANSFER STUDENTS:
If you are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelor's degree in this major, it is critical that you meet with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for your major. Schools vary widely in terms of the required preparation. The courses that CRC requires for an associate's degree in this major may be different from the requirements needed for the bachelor's degree.
For information about the student learning outcomes for this program, see www.crc.losrios.edu/pslo