Online Nutrition Degree Program
The Nutrition and Foods department offers an A.S. degree in Nutrition and Foods for students who want to expand their knowledge in Nutrition as well as be better prepare for a Didactic Program in Dietetics at a four-year university.
What is a Degree Program in Nutrition and Foods?
Cosumnes River College's (CRC) Department of Nutrition and Foods offers a Associate's Degree Program that is challenging, accessible, and rewarding. The program provides opportunities to master the knowledge and skills required for transfer to a didactic program in dietetics or a four-year degree in nutrition and foods.
If you are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in this major, it is critical that you meet with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for your major. Schools vary widely in terms of the required preparation. The courses that CRC requires for an Associate’s degree in this major may be different from the requirements needed for the Bachelor’s degree.
Upon completion of this program, you, the student, will be able to:
- Demonstrate independent learning and effective communication skills
- Explain the principles of nutrition and its affect on health
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of health behaviors on nutritional and health status
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of food service management function
- Compare the effectiveness of various management styles
- Interpret current research