Professional Applications of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Small Business Management / Entrepreneurship
Marketing is a dynamic area of study that provides immediate job and career opportunities after one course or the completion of a degree. The skills learned are easily converted into well-paying careers by many students. There is no limit to your success when these areas of study are utilized successfully. The skills learned are essential for international and domestic business and for companies large and small. Please refer to the Business section for additional marketing courses.
A rewarding future awaits those who are motivated and enjoy working in one of the following marketing areas:
|Shipping Clerk||Marketing Manager|
|Export / Import|
Some Career Opportunities may require more than two years of college study.
- Additional training in courses acceptable as electives for civil service professional occupations
- Opportunities for Work Experience in local industry and business
- Training in a career where one third of the presidents of Fortune 500 corporations have marketing backgrounds
- Coursework in international marketing
- A lab with tutorial assistance
NOTE TO TRANSFER STUDENTS:
If you are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelor's degree in this major, it is critical that you meet with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for your major. Schools vary widely in terms of the required preparation. The courses that CRC requires for an associate's degree in this major may be different from the requirements needed for the bachelor's degree.
For information about the student learning outcomes for this program, see www.crc.losrios.edu/pslo